Friday 6 December 2013

Review.... My sentiments of you



There is a saying “the race is not for the swiftest, but for those that endure to the end”. Today is December 6th, today is the last day to submit the final of my  fifteen blogs. After the fourteenth blog I decided I had enough, it’s only one blog short, no worries right? I then thought to myself, why am I being so selfish? What about the persons that had been following me week after week, commenting and advising on what should be my next topic of discussion.

Should they not know how I feel now? Should they not know that I don’t accept but I understand that my father were afraid of being a father to a boy child, because the expectations are harder. The past three months, has been a learning experience for me. Honestly it has been an experience I thought I have dealt with years ago. At first I was skeptical about speaking of something so personal, only when I begin writing and conversing I started hearing other persons like me speaking up. A lot of people have been asking me if I would be continuing my blog.  This I cannot answer just yet, As mentioned in everything in life there is good and Bad, fathers let us try to overpower the bad. As to my dad, I forgive you, the below poem is Exactly my sentiments towards you


Daddy, that word you pronounce that the ending sounds like and E
But it’s really a Y
Yes a Y, de same thing I use to cry
When I say  “why me”
Why me out of the two you hated the most
Why me out of the two had to justify my post
Here’s why, you were too afraid
Afraid of another man that would carry your name
And give it what you would have wanted …”Fame”
Yes fame I said, that’s what you like !
Like when I passed all 6 subjects at CXC , you thought you had all d bragging rights
But yuh right!
That’s your rights, but what about mine?
What about my rights to be loved unconditionally?
 I forgive you though,
Forgive you of all your folly
And every day I pray and thank God for mommy
This communication class caused me to study
Not you!
But the causes and effects of  all dead beat daddies
What I know now, I did not know then
But I thank you
Thank you for sticking with my sister to the very end
Because all de talk I talk about a boy needs a father
So too does a girl, in this cold and trouble world
So for now we would pretend that you did it for us

At least in her life she has a man she can trust 




No comments:

Post a Comment