Saturday 30 November 2013

Superwoman Rivalry -a poem about mummy


Further to my previous blog “superdad”, and my mentioning of my “supermom”. One of my followers asked me to write a blog on my “supermom” and our relationship. Those that knows me personally, knows I am the number one “mummy’s boy”.  Though not a poet, my heart desired to speak of her through a poem writing style.  Thinking of it now, though i have been mentioning the absenteeism of my dad, i never really dedicated a blog to my mom, the woman that constantly cheers me on....this is for you Mummy!

The first woman I knew,
The first woman I loved
The first woman that loved me back and it was not a matter of choice
She had no ulterior motives, although ignorant behavior of my father
She loved me through the circumstances.
By now you know who I speak of?
I’m sure you do
My mother, My lover, My girl
Looking back now, this woman amases me
Though he was gone when I was 3 months old and my sister was 2
To each question, she always had the right answer as though we were on an episode of  family feud
Superwoman must have hated my mother
Working two jobs, clean clothes, food and homework were always covered.
Instilling values like telling my sis “don’t fight with your brother”
Looking back now, she could have used those situation as a compare and contrast to our father
But no! Not my mother
I’m not going to beat my chest and say of the five of us I’m the best
I could merely be the worse, because of that time she beat me, and I cursed.
Or the time when I played fass, after being asked to cut the grass
And I told my sis, “let she hull she ass” oh boy, oh boy
She didn’t forget to give me that cut ass
My siblings and I knew about getting gifts on valentine day from an early age
Catch, nuggle, penola or Twix, when she walked through the door on February 14th  
collecting in a single file line used to be the only thing that was on our mind
“Happy valentine day from mummy”, she would say
“Remember that you’re special; don’t let anyone treat you any other way”
I could go on and on about my mother
most genuine love, there is no other
My life, my rock, my pillar
Though my mother, also my father







No comments:

Post a Comment